- 180 Million cards will be exchanged for Valentine’s Day
- $130.21 is the average amount consumers spent
- 85% of Valentines Day cards are bought by women
- 58 Million pounds of chocolate will be purchased this week
- 8 billion sweetheart conversation hearts are produced annually
- 14% of women send themselves flowers for Valentine’s day
Wanted to share just a few Valentine’s Day statistics with you, did you see 14% of women send themselves flowers? And 85% of cards are bought by women? I have a question for you, aside from buying gifts for someone else or sending yourself flowers (if you’re among the 14%) what are you doing for YOU for Valentine’s Day?
Can we really love another before we love ourselves? We work hard to look good for that special someone so they fall in love with us and we find our happily ever after but have you fallen in love with yourself? Not in an arrogant, narcissist way, but do you love you? We get wrapped up being spouses, parents, friends employees and usually what happens is we put taking care of everyone ahead of taking care of us.
I can say with all honesty it took me a lot of years to love and accept myself for me and is still a work in progress. I can say I love myself for who I am, for what I am (and what I am not). I would ask you how can we really give another person love if we can’t give it to ourselves and why do we place ourselves last?
I’d like to challenge you for the next 7 days to fall in love with you! Make it a daily exercise to find 3 things you love, admire, or appreciate about yourself, best you deserve it!
Happy Valentine’s Day!